Saturday, November 19, 2005

Growing the OpenSolaris community

This week, I think, it was a really good week: lots of 'goodies' were published: ZFS, Studio 11, PostgresSQL and Oracle press releases, Nevada build 27. Got as well my new books from amazon.co.uk:
TeX, XML and Digital Typography and Digital Typography using LaTeX. And on top of these things had my birthday anniversary: Im 31 years old now...

Try the new ZFS and have a look on the OpenSolaris community. Experiment with Express and see if you like it. Post your findings ! Sun made a significant effort to build a Solaris community and I think this is really working well.

Being tired of Linux: try Solaris Express !

Nice weekend everyone !

2 comments:

Cyril Plisko said...

Happy birthday, man !
May your fsck never fail ! Oh, you are on ZFS, you don't need any fsck :)

Stefan Parvu said...

Thanks a lot. Hope I will not have to wait my 40 and I will be able to blog about Acrobat Reader for Solaris x86. Im just waiting the day...

Im just waiting two more disks SATA2, 2x250GB to experiment with ZFS and blog about.

I think Sun made some heck of the progress and soon we should see some real results about Solaris/Express/OpenSolaris.